Be Soil Savvy
Your interest is piqued. The following links and leads are to help you get involved and learn more!
Learning on your own Schedule or Formally:
- Journals and Publications: The Soil Science Society of America (SSSA) has an extensive list of soils publications that are worthy to follow.
- Formal Study: There are a range of programs at universities in Canada and internationally.
- Join a group: Soil Science Societies
- Vote in Elections for Candidates whose policies best support sustainable soil use
- Be aware of where your food come from and what soil practices were used to grow it
- Compost and Practice the Four R’s (re-think, reduce, reuse, recycle) – the fewer things that go into landfills, the more land is available for supporting ecosystem processes.
- Determine how your actions impact soil use at a local and global level and strive to do something about it!